Real-Time Foreign Currency Exchange Rates
Last update: 28 November 2022, 9:18 am
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does LA Currency Inc charge any fees or have any hidden costs?
- No, we do not charge fees for foreign currency exchange transactions. The foreign currency exchange rates found on our website are modified to reflect the precise value of each currency in real-time. By visiting our website, you may find out how much USD you will get for your foreign currency or how much USD you will need to purchase a particular foreign currency. Please make sure to refresh the browser frequently as real-time foreign exchange rates constantly fluctuate.
- Does LA Currency Inc. provide parking?
Yes, LA Currency does provide parking for all of their locations.
- Free outdoor parking is available at our Van Nuys,(the Van Nuys location does also have paid metered parking) Hollywood, and Glendale branches.
- Free parking is also available at our Beverly Hills branch, which is provided by the City of Beverly Hills and this location also does have paid metered parking as well.
- Our Downtown Los Angeles branch does have two options in regards to parking. Those options are Paid-public & metered parking. When visiting this location we recommend our clients to park at the “Pershing square” parking lot which is across from our store.
- What are my payment options for foreign currency exchange transactions?
- We have two forms of payments when it comes time for foreign currency exchange transactions. The first form of payment method is cash so when visiting us you may pay with cash. We don't have any hidden fees or hidden costs for cash. As for our second form of payment method, we do accept debit cards but we do charge a fee. Debit card payments may be accepted for transactions up to $100 with a $3 transaction fee. Under limited circumstances, clients may be able to conduct debit card transactions over $100 with a 3% transaction fee.
- Does LA Currency Inc. match rates?
- Our motto is to provide the best rates in Los Angeles for our customers so La Currency Inc does promise to match rates. If Clients can provide us proof of a better rate from a different institution we will try our best to match that rate. Some exceptions may apply.
- Are LA Currency Inc. rates competitive?
- At LA Currency Inc., we take pride in providing our community with the best foreign currency exchange rates in Los Angeles! We actively monitor the international market and adjust our real-time foreign currency exchange rates to offer the most competitive prices.
- How do I place an order for foreign currency?
- We encourage all of our clients to call us prior to visiting one of our branches. Although we try to carry the most frequently traded foreign currencies in stock for walk-in clients, we recommend calling one of our branches to make sure all your needs are taken care of before coming to our branch. Simply call one of our branches and inform one of our kind representatives that you are ready to conduct a foreign currency exchange transaction. The LA Currency Inc. representative will provide you with all of the information you will need to conduct your foreign currency exchange transaction. We may request a small security deposit in order to place some orders and this payment may be made via cash, debit card, or credit card. The security deposit is non-refundable, but the amount of the security deposit will be credited toward your total balance when you come to pick up your foreign currency.
- Will LA Currency Inc. return my security deposit after I place my order over the phone?
- The security deposit is NOT an additional fee! We request a security deposit in order to ensure that an order will be picked up. Here is an example provided to give a better understanding of what exactly the purpose is for the security deposit.The security deposit can be considered a down payment. For example, Sam called LA Currency Inc. on Monday to request $1,000 USD worth of Fijian Dollars to be picked up on Friday. Sam is informed that based upon the foreign currency exchange rate at that moment, he will receive approximately $1,850 Fijian Dollars for his $1,000 USD. Since Fijian Dollars are not commonly traded foreign currency, at LA Currency Inc. we must place a special order so Sam can have the Fiji dollars. For that reason, LA Currency Inc. will require a security deposit of $100 from Sam prior to placing his special order. After Sam makes his $100 security deposit, we will order the Fijian Dollars and have the foreign currency ready to be picked up on Friday. When Sam arrives at LA Currency Inc. on Friday, he will pay the remaining balance of $900 and he will receive $1,850 Fijian Dollars.
- Does LA Currency Inc. buy old foreign currency notes or coins?
- At LA Currency Inc. we do NOT deal with old/outmoded/non-redeemable foreign currency notes or coins. Also, we do not exchange foreign coins, we only exchange foreign currency notes. Under very limited circumstances, clients may be able to sell 1 Euro, 2 Euro, 1 British Pound, and 2 British Pound coins in limited quantities. Based upon LA Currency Inc. rates, these coins will be discounted at an additional 30%
- What do I need to conduct a foreign currency exchange transaction?
- If the transaction does not exceed $1,000.00 USD, the following documents we require are valid driver’s license, state ID, or any other type of valid government issued identification that includes a picture of the client.
- If the transaction exceeds $1,000.00 USD, we require a valid government issued driver’s license or passport or state ID and a social security number or taxpayer identification number to conduct the transaction. A local US address of residence will also be required. For large transactions, other documents may also be required.
- Note: Clients are not required to have their social security cards with them when they are conducting a transaction. They must simply input their social security number into our system database. Also, we do retain copies of all the documents required for all the particular transactions that are conducted.